[FoRK] Global Guerrillas

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn at rbii.com
Sat Nov 6 22:39:54 PST 2004

On Nov 6, 2004, at 12:15 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Conversion to a renewable-resource society is expensive.

This is kind of what I was getting at... renewable energy sources are
all well and good, but most require a significant investment in
infrastructure, and some of the infrastructure (gasoline stations, for
example), would in all likelihood be hard to convert. I guess heavy
emphasis on *personal* solutions is probably the right thing, which
means you have to drive down costs right?

There was a process I read about recently that could take in basically
any carbon-based waste and turn it into high quality fuel oil. I can
easily imagine that getting more of a foothold...