[FoRK] Re: S.Y.S.T.E.M. - Systemics

Dr.Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Fri Nov 12 11:10:24 PST 2004

On Nov 7, 2004, at 8:20 PM, Wayne Baisley wrote:
> > Does Doc C have any books, or a website?
> <http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~poli/People/Faculty_profile/
> G_CUTHBERTSON.html>
> There are old copies of his Political Myth and Epic available ...
> <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/0870131850/
> qid=1099886165/sr=1-1/ref=sr_pb_a//104-7846937-7043110?condition=all>

Interesting stuff.  It does seem like we need more 'systemic' thinkers,
who can integrate insights from psychology, literature, IT, and
philosophy to actually create more functional systems.   What I call
happy, healthy, and holy:
	- healthy -- each constituent fulfills its role
	- happy -- the system as a whole fulfills its purpose
	- holy -- that purpose benefits those outside and inside the system

There even appears to be an interdisciplinary 'systemics' community:

------
SYSTEMS SCIENCE, on the other hand, transcends those disciplinary
boundaries, seeking alikeness (or isomorphy) of principles, concepts
and laws that exist in the various realms of experience. We INTEGRATE,
within the framework of systems theory, the findings of the various
disciplines. That is the unique POWER of systems theory. With this
power we can understand and work with the insights and knowledge
generated by the disciplines that are relevant to our domain of inquiry
The organized arrangement of these "general principles" constitutes a
GENERAL THEORY OF SYSTEMS - an exposition applying to all systems.
http://www.isss.org/taste.html
http://www.iiisci.org/sci2004/website/default.asp
------

The jargon is a bit intimidating, but they seem to have the germ of a
valid idea.   It'll be interesting to see whether it infects the larger
memosphere....

http://www.newciv.org/ISSS_Primer/seminar.html

-- Ernie P.