[FoRK] Thanks for the news, BillG

Mark Day mark_s_day at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 18:36:58 PST 2004

"Hardware is not holding us back," Gates said. "It's software that's a
problem."

http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/11/16/HNgatestoutsmagic_1.html

I wonder who in MSFT marketing thought that comparing software to magic was
helpful for their purposes?

The comparison always reminds me of _The Mythical Man-Month_ where Brooks
included on one of the chapter headings this bit from Henry IV part 1:

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come when you do call for them?

Microsoft.  Your Potential, our Blue Screen of Death. ;-)

--Mark