[FoRK] What are you reading?

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 20:40:51 PST 2004

Spike was is one amazing thunker. His works with Messrs Sellars and
Secombe are brilliant splatters of nova like awe set in sound waves.
If you need a fix of the old sonic fixer on such matter send the good
Dr WSMF a note and we shall see what the cat sends up.

Reading on my list of the week..

Chief Herman's Next Big Thing -
http://www.cheapass.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CAG&Product_Code=CAG038

>From the master of low tech game theory in practice this tome tunes
the spark plugs in my mind to move on those possibilites only dreamt
of in pale mythologies.

The Journal Of Ride Theory Omnibus
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-1111350825-0

So what that I already have the first edition of this. The second
edition fixes several gafs further sheds light on the inner secrets
left untaped since childhood. We knew, we grew, we forget...no mas .
Relearn and live anew.

PORTLAND COMMUNIQUE - Year Two (Volume II): March 2004 - May 2004
http://www.lulu.com/content/56239
You can not live in Portland Oregon and not read this ongoing work by
one of the city's hardest working indi journalst. In a time when indi
journalism is often thought to be a polite term for gutter punk or tin
foil paranoids with cable news access Bix shows how it can be done up
right. In a near perfect world he will be able to keep these and his
website going for years to come.

And yea, I am as well wokring my way thru the voluminous tomes of
Snowcrashes daddy. Now here is something to ponder, as you are reading
the tome or right after you have read it go and get a set of books by
Robert Anton Wilson that starts here
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0874772117/103-9413241-2630238?v=glance

While my eyes read my ears are still open, hearing good things is a
whole other post.

As the the voices say so well "Be well, do good work, and keep in
touch." and " Bang Bang....Have a nice day"

-tomhiggins