[FoRK] The Decline of Empires..

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) fork at ianbell.com
Mon Jan 3 11:25:18 PST 2005

Really?  Ask a wealthy Bush voter why they voted him in -- it's almost
certainly not for his philanthropy.  I asked a few and they ALL said
that poorly-funded schools and civic infrastructure largely do not
affect them, so why should they vote in favour of those sorts of
things?

Politicians are not unique in their short-sightedness.  Voters are
particularly self-interested, short-term thinkers these days.
Especially Upper-Middle Class.

-Ian.