[FoRK] The Decline of Empires..

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) fork at ianbell.com
Mon Jan 3 15:13:23 PST 2005

On 3-Jan-05, at 3:03 PM, James Tauber wrote:

> So what you are saying is we shouldn't go to the private sector for
> anything, we should all work for the government to make the system
> better.

You consistently fail to understand that it is not only in your best
interests to have your kids get a good education, but also to have the
kids from down the block, or two cities over, receive one as well.  The
government is the only mechanism in our society whose mandate it is to
make the latter happen.  So yeah, we all need to work WITH the
government in one form or another.  Private Enterprise is not
particularly motivated by balance.

-Ian.