[FoRK] What Americans Do...

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Wed Jan 5 08:33:05 PST 2005

It just occurs to me that one advantage of private giving over government
aid, beside efficiency, is that the opportunity cost is less likely to
affect the poor.

The money I've given so far will slow down my plans to build a house, but
the money the Australian government has given so far is, I'm guessing, going
to have to come out of government programmes for people more in need than
the local building industry.

Just a thought.

James