[FoRK] What Americans Do...

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 11:40:06 PST 2005

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:35:29 -0500, damien morton <fork at bitfurnace.com> wrote:
> In the case of Australia's pledge, most of it wil go to Indonesia, a
> neighbor a few hundred miles away, and one where Australia could use
> some good PR.

I probably made my point less clear by replying to that particular
post; Australia is clearly more touched by this than most first-world
nations are. The US and most European nations, in contrast, are giving
money here (instead of in Darfur or $RANDOM_AFRICAN_DISASTER) because
the pictures here are more photogenic, and hey, some $NATIONALS were
in hotels there!

Luis