[FoRK] sir, no sir!

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Fri Jan 7 16:47:07 PST 2005

<http://www.udargo.com/other/AON.php>

[...]

- Sir, no sir!

- Tell me, Private Cowboy, if it turns out the Iranians did have
something to do with 9/11, do you think we should go over there and kick
their Persian asses?

- Sir, yes sir!

- Are you sure , Private Cowboy?

- Sir, yes sir!

- You're telling me if the Iranians gave aid and assistance to the
hijackers who attacked us on 9/11, you think we should go to war with Iran ?

- Sir, yes sir! Absolutely, sir!

- And how do you propose we do that, Private Cowboy?

- Sir?

- How do you propose we do that, Private Cowboy?

- Sir, the private does not understand the question, sir!

- Jesus H. Christ! Well, let me spell it out for you, sweetheart! The
Army is calling up 5,600 former soldiers from the Individual Ready
Reserve to meet the needs the war in Iraq is placing on it. The military
has implemented mandatory extensions of duty for some of those already
in Iraq . We’ve called up more Reservists and National Guard troops than
at anytime since WWII. Forty percent of the troops in Iraq are from
Reserve or Guard units. We’ve begun cannibalizing specialized training
units and sending them to Iraq . There is talk of a draft and of
reneging on our commitments in South Korea and Europe to take pressure
off a military stretched too thin by the war in Iraq . So I ask you
again, Private Cowboy, if it does turn out that Iran is guilty of aiding
the 9/11 hijackers, and we want some payback, how do you propose we
fight a war against the Iranians when we’ve got no troops to fight the
war with because all of our troops are tied up in Iraq?

- Sir, I don’t know, sir!

- What are you trying to do to my beloved Corps?

- Sir, I don’t know, sir!

- You don’t know much, do you Private Cowboy?

- Sir, no sir!