[FoRK] Re: [IP] Mad Cow [...]

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Thu Jan 13 20:53:33 PST 2005

Gordon Mohr wrote:

> Russell Turpin wrote:
>
>> Gojomo:
>>
>>> Given that "collapsing dollar" has become a whiny refrain
>>> of folks who normally have no interest whatsover in financial
>>> markets, I suspect we've reached the bottom.

I think I said that 2 months ago. Given that the weak dollar is all
about exporting economic pain - I think its a no-brainer that the dollar
is going to go up - the US economy is about as good as it gets right
now. Now the rest of the world is going to work hard on sending the pain
back where it belongs  - the call is deafening up here in Canada. My
prediction a year from now  big bump in the US dollar and big bump in
the US unemployment rate.

Owen