[FoRK] Re: [IP] Mad Cow [...]

Gordon Mohr gojomofork at xavvy.com
Thu Jan 13 22:31:06 PST 2005

Owen Byrne wrote:
>>> Gojomo:

> I think I said that 2 months ago. Given that the weak dollar is all
> about exporting economic pain - I think its a no-brainer that the dollar
> is going to go up - the US economy is about as good as it gets right
> now. Now the rest of the world is going to work hard on sending the pain
> back where it belongs  - the call is deafening up here in Canada. My
> prediction a year from now  big bump in the US dollar and big bump in
> the US unemployment rate.

Agree on the dollar, disagee on the unemployment rate. Bet you a US
dollar -- since we both believe it'll be worth more at the end of the
year -- that the seasonally-adjusted BLS US unemployment rate will
be lower in Dec 2005 (or Jan 2006, pick one now) than it was a year
prior.

Here's a table with the figure for the last 6 months:

   http://stats.bls.gov/eag/eag.us.htm

- Gordon