[FoRK] [p2p-hackers] Generalizing BitTorrent.. (fwd from bryan.turner@pobox.com)

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Jan 14 01:56:23 PST 2005

Eugen Leitl wrote on 1/13/2005 11:56 PM:

>     Conceptually, nothing has changed, we're just aggregating the set of
> files being exchanged, and allowing torrents to overlap where ever it is
> natural.

*chuckles*

It really is funny watching the 200x batch of computer geeks repeat what
we did in 199x. I image the 198x geeks had this much fun watching us too.

The difference is in 199x noone cased unless it was free as in beer,
since everyone got sick of having to pay for software in 198x. In 200x
noone cares unless its free as in helping you steal the other guys beer
too. Just look at the top downloads on download.com - 7 of the top 20
have no use except to steal things. Most of which are also spyware,
stealing YOUR beer while you steal other beer.

I can't be the only one that has noticed this.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/