[FoRK] Mac Mini makes me ask: When does 12vdc becomepowerstandard?

Mark Day mark_s_day at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 06:17:58 PST 2005

> Until hybrids become ubiquitous, most cars will
> run off a one battery bank.

I'm not sure this one-battery constraint will change even if hybrids are
ubiquitous.  My Civic Hybrid has a little 12v battery that is there in case
the humongous NiMH is too cold or discharged to start the car.  I suspect
that much like the typical behavior of backup generators, it will actually
fail if called into service in crisis.  But it is there nonetheless.

--Mark