[FoRK] Amazon has an internal workshop with access for outsiders

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 19:40:28 PST 2005

http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/aws_newsletter_.html

Odd idea: Have an internal conference for your development staff, but
post transcripts and leave a chat session open for external questions.
 Neat idea to turn the usual "we've got the best speakers just for you
because you're special" into "our developers get the best speakers" --
manages to use openness as a recruiting edge.

<note type="suck up">
Your idea, Jeff?
</note>

Starts tomorrow morning (1/19):

"Developer Conference at Amazon

"A number of well-known technologists and software developers will be
coming to Amazon Headquarters Seattle this week to take part in a
conference for the software development community within Amazon. While
we don't have the facilities to accommodate anyone from outside of
Amazon, we do want to give you the highlights of their talks.
Therefore, we will be posting real-time transcripts of each talk on
this blog and we will also keep a chat session open for the entire
two-day event so that you can pose questions to the speakers.

"The conference will run 9 AM to 5 PM on Wednesday January 19th, and
then 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM on Thursday, January 20th.

"We have 16 speakers lined up, including Joel Spolsky, James Gosling,
Rael Dornfest, Brian Aker, and Guido van Rossum. Watch this space for
real-time transcripts!"

Ken