[FoRK] binary XML

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jan 19 17:46:42 PST 2005

I should have referred to data model compatibility rather than semantics
as semantics can mean much more.  XML doesn't really have a single data
model per se (this has been much discussed), but it does tend to suggest
certain types of data models.  A binary format that can directly do
everything that XML 1.1 does is more useful in applications already
built for XML than if it was more like an INI file or CSV or some other
format.

sdw