[FoRK] Re: Amazon has an internal workshop with access for outsiders

Jeff Barr jeff at vertexdev.com
Thu Jan 20 06:16:19 PST 2005

Ken,

It wasn't my idea, but my team is doing the work. We had a really good
first day,
with talks by Amazon CIO Rick Dalzell, Joel Spolsky, George Dyson, James
Gosling, Eric Neustadter, and Rael Dornfest.

The main page is at
http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_s.html

The individual transcripts are here:
<http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_r_1.html>
Dalzell: http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_r.html

Spolsky: http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_j.html

Dyson: http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_g.html and
http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_g_1.html

Gosling: http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_j_2.html

Neustadter: http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_e.html

Dornfest: http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2005/01/amazon_devcon_r_1.html

Today we will hear from Gregor Kiczales, Craig McClanahan, Brian Aker,
Gavin King, Bela Ban, Michael Tiemann, Margo Seltzer, Chris Hofmann,
Bjorn Freeman-Benson, and Guido van Rossum.

Writing these things is exhausting, but I think the results make it
worthwhile. We
may be able to post video clips next week.

Feel free to pass this along.

Jeff;

--
* RSS Feeds:       http://www.syndic8.com