[FoRK] [Fwd: [IP] Innovation Ships Out]

paul paul at remsset.com
Thu Jan 20 23:47:02 PST 2005

You would not be very happy working at a grocery store.

Fat young white, colored, and 'just came across the river' people in their
early 20's with 2 or 3 little chubby kids plus a bun in the oven buying a
heaping cart of trash food and paying with foodstamps...  that ain't right.
Pulling a hundred dollar bill out of a fistful of cash to pay for
cigarettes, and I mean there are several $100s, a few $50s and the rest is
10s and 20s .... well.  I bet they don't have a bank account and work for
cash too.  Pay lots of taxes, not?

Then these folks want 'carry out'.  To a new enough to still smell new
Suburban or Explorer or some kind of extended cab truck.

Meanwhile, I'm driving an '85 Cherokee with 242,000 miles on it or a homely
'92 Dodge 3/4 ton with half the mileage to work.  At the local HEB.

Maybe I'm just jealous.   How does one apply for foodstamps?

paul
   http://remsset.com

   Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.