[FoRK] a little rss whacked up blogger code

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 02:47:33 PST 2005

So Im lazy, I use Blogger.com for some of my "projects". So far from
what I have read  it is not doable to make Blogger be a podcast tool,
other than feeding it into something like feedster or some such.

I could not sleep this eve, Ben at 2.5 years is determined to get me
back my old late night schedule, and I though.."shit, this should be
trivializzzle for dang shizzle"

And so...
Could you kindly enter this into the podcasting app of choice and see
if it gets two files properly
http://blogcasting.blogspot.com/

 Mucho appreciation to all who can helpa a forka out with some debuging.

(for the very bored or slightly interested here is the code you need
to put into yout blogs template over at blogger.com to have this work
as good, or as bad, as it is.)

<!-- real podcasting code starts here -->
<xml version="1.0">
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
<title><$BlogPageTitle$></title>
<link><$BlogURL$></link>
<description><$BlogDescription$></description>
<language>en-us</language>
<copyright></copyright>
<lastBuildDate></lastBuildDate>
<Blogger><item>
<BlogItemTitle><title><$BlogItemTitle$></title></BlogItemTitle>
<BlogItemUrl><link><$BlogItemUrl$></link></BlogItemUrl>
<description><$BlogItemBody$></description>
<pubDate><BlogDateHeader><$BlogDateHeaderDate$></BlogDateHeader></pubDate>
<BlogItemUrl><enclosure url="<$BlogItemUrl$>" length="-1"
type="audio/mpeg"/></BlogItemUrl>
</item>
</Blogger>
</channel>
</rss>

(blame lucas for this...he has got me getting all snarky with this stuff)

-tomhiggins