[FoRK] Bye Bye Ma Bell

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Mon Jan 31 11:39:28 PST 2005

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) wrote:
> $16 Billion... how the mighty have fallen.

It's what they deserve for selling Unix.

<http://www.etext.org/CuD/Surfpunk/0023>

Dennis Ritchie (co-creator of UNIX):

And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.  And Esau
said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall
this birthright do to me?  And Jacob said, Sewar to me this
day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto
Jacob.  Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and
he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way:  thus Esau
despised his birthright.
				Genesis 25: 31-34

... lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau,
who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.  For ye know
how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing,
he was rejected:  for he found no place of repenetance, though
he sought it carefully with tears.

				Hebrews 12:16-17