[FoRK] portals vs time

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:01:42 PST 2005

Perfect email would have some sort of personal workflow system -- you
could send out 'ping' messages to folks that owe you stuff and get
their responses checked off and filed appropriately.   And this should
happen without end-user programming, of course.  Oh, and something
like the Outlook plugin that watches for phrases like "attached" or
"included" in messages that don't have attachments.

In general, I'm still confused why we've backed off from "smart"
personal software.  Agenda way back when and Apple Data Detectors have
recognition capabilities
That, and much smart auto-classification tools.  Gmail tags are OK,
but I hate adding rules each time I start a new list or persistent
conversation.

Ken Meltsner