[FoRK] Big surge in homes costing $1 million; Bay Area's sales rise 73% as low rates lure more buyers

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Feb 4 09:08:31 PST 2005

Ken Meltsner wrote on 2/3/2005 3:16 PM:
> SF Bay Area real estate has always been insane.
>
> 2.  The price escalation probably isn't as scary if you convert the
> prices from the dollar into a hard currency.

Exactly.

Houses, being real actual atoms, are priced in real terms. Plotted vs.
something real like gold, housing is really not doing any better then
any other thing in the US - not well at all.

Of course, as rates go up, more and more people will default,
maintaining housing's place as something only for those not yet outsourced.

I'm sure it's the fault of the terrorists, King Bush says so.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/