[FoRK] Google Maps

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 07:21:27 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:09:35 -0500, Jeffrey Kay <jeff at k2.com> wrote:
> I just wish that Firefox worked consistently on the Mac.  Right now,
> multiple windows can cause the menubar to screw up.  Sometimes the edit
> boxes don't work -- I have to switch to another app and back to kick
> the system.  It's easily my choice if these things ever get fixed.  I
> posted comments on this at Mozilla (same problems exist in Thunderbird)
> and received feedback from many others with the same problem.  I'm just
> sort of waiting to see if it changes.  Right now, Safari is slower, but
> more consistent than Firefox.

Oh, I'm not defending Firefox/gecko much- there is very poor
commitment by the mozilla foundation to API stability in gecko, and
the firefox people seem to generally prioritize linux integration
fairly low, and os/x they seem to have mostly ceded to safari. I'm
just saying that Apple could have fixed at least the API problem and
probably the os/x problem in general instead of giving up and stupidly
using KTHML.

> On Google Maps, one feature that would be really cool is the ability to
> add waypoints.  I'd love to be able to click on an intersection on the
> map and have a waypoint added -- that would be great for building
> motorcycling routes.

That would be cool. I'm personally waiting for keyhole integration-
you know it is coming....

Luis (thankful that google is showing the entire world that you don't
need to use flash or activeX to do cool web apps)