[FoRK] Google Maps

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Tue Feb 8 14:50:24 PST 2005

Ahh, you know, most important nation in the world, blah blah blah :-)

NavTeq probably doesn't have street maps for the entire world or Google
chose not to license them for the initial beta.  Probably will happen
shortly, though, judging from how they've approached everything else.

-- jeff

On Feb 8, 2005, at 5:42 PM, James Walker wrote:

> And also showing the rest of the world that erm, there is no rest of
> the
> world.
>
>> On Google Maps, one feature that would be really cool is the ability
>> to add waypoints.  I'd love to be able to click on an intersection on
>> the map and have a waypoint added -- that would be great for building
>> motorcycling routes.
>
> That would be cool. I'm personally waiting for keyhole integration- you
> know it is coming....
>
> Luis (thankful that google is showing the entire world that you don't
> need to use flash or activeX to do cool web apps)

jeffrey kay
weblog <k2.com> pgp key <www.k2.com/keys.htm> aim <jkayk2>
share files with me -- get shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" --
mark twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window
and locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" --
a biker's guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X
is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein