[FoRK] Google

Dave Peck o-fork at delver.org
Thu Feb 10 16:21:38 PST 2005

Targeted Advertisement.

Google has a voracious desire to increase page views that support targeted
ads. They need new features. Revolution is not a requirement. Google's tools
instead show significant evolutionary improvements bolstered by their
unmatched search infrastructure. Google's bet is that these improvements are
significant enough to entice users (read: bait) to their services.

As yesterday's analyst call made clear: this strategy is working wonders.
Google's 2004 revenue was $3.2 billion. Their business model and underlying
advertising technology scale brilliantly. Google has huge margins and free
cash flow. To some, that _is_ a revolution.

-Dave