[FoRK] USA = Human Sewer of Europe (bc. Africa is teflon, baby.)

Steve Nordquist signa at birch.net
Mon Feb 21 21:51:47 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:04:29 -0500, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> Like the people leaving Europe were leaving a meritocracy and they
> couldn't hack it?  Please, Europe was barely out of the feudal dark
> ages.  The US genetic melting pot is going to have the most diverse and
> therefore strong population for a long time, not that that kind of
> difference really means anything compared to the culture and opportunities.
...which I noticed on NPR, are being outsourced!  Too too.  Looking for the
Finding Europe on eBay book now.

> The puritanical streak is a bit annoying and there are some in-bred
> subcultures, but it's the stratification of various kinds inside the US
> that has really sorted people in interesting ways.  West Coasters of
> 100+ years ago were the strong, adventurous types.  Then there is the
> city/town/rural migrations and stratifications.  We still have sun/cold
> migration, young/old migration, techie/non-techie, political, military
> family, resort areas, college towns.  There are all kinds of interesting
> movements that lead to, among other things, red/blue states, etc.

What I like is how we can move the human sewer into the brain and digest
its food value and prided reflexes and attachments, turn out new
humans with hardware sewage augmentation or new hardware with
human sewage augmentation, try moving sewage into userspace,
making it safe to hide it back in the system, until beings of celestial
grace emerge, covered in sewage.