[FoRK] The rise of the stupid?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Sun Feb 27 09:49:35 PST 2005

On 27 Feb 2005, at 17:34, zuzu wrote:
> slashdot goons bring up this debate...

With an idiotic example which doesn't help the debate much.

> again, my opinion, the compiler is solely responsible for
> optimization; code represents _design_ for a _rational abstraction_.
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/22/1319204&tid=156&tid=4

But compilers clearly aren't that clever yet. Watcha gonna do? Not
program until they are? And who's going to make the compilers cleverer?
I'm guessing you're not volunteering.

I understand the utopian vision you're pushing but I have to wonder how
you manage to survive in the real world. It must be torture.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net