[FoRK] The rise of the stupid?

Victor B. Stan victor_b_stan at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 27 11:29:58 PST 2005

Flowing with the topic of "the rise of the ignorant", I submit a quote from
the following article:
http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/margo_kingston/000715.html

That article was taken from a recent discussion @ K5:
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/2/22/135813/460

"
Why an education bill about school testing? Once the testing frame applies
not just to students but also to schools, then schools can, metaphorically,
fail-and be punished for failing by having their allowance cut. Less funding
in turn makes it harder for the schools to improve, which leads to a cycle
of failure and ultimately elimination for many public schools. What replaces
the public school system is a voucher system to support private schools. The
wealthy would have good schools-paid for in part by what used to be tax
payments for public schools. The poor would not have the money for good
schools. We would wind up with a two-tier school system, a good one for the
"deserving rich" and a bad one for the "undeserving poor."
"

And I would like to link the above quote with this quote form another
article: http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050227/ap/d88gh7do0.html

Part of a larger discussion on /. :
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/27/1626214&from=rss

"
Among the more high-profile governors who did not attend Saturday were two
Republicans: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger of California and Jeb Bush of
Florida, the president's brother.
"

If you read the first article you can see the quote in the last article from
a different perspective... which is funny... (not haha)

- V