[FoRK] The rise of the stupid?

zuzu sean.zuzu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 17:41:33 PST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:36:54 -0800, FoRK Ian Andrew Bell
<fork at ianbell.com> wrote:

> > On 27 Feb 2005, at 19:29, Victor B. Stan wrote:
> >> The poor would not have the money for good
> >> schools. We would wind up with a two-tier school system, a good one
> >> for the
> >> "deserving rich" and a bad one for the "undeserving poor."
>
> The Republicans have a plan to help America compete with the lower cost
> of labour in the Third World by re-creating the Third World within the
> USA's borders.  This is a corner stone of that strategy.
>
> So is Wal-Mart.

the real problem is the very notion that economies are national.
the regulations and government interference are precisely what
maintain the desperate poverty in "the third world".

it's not a race to the bottom; WTO/IMF/WorldBank + work visas/permits
are *precisely* what create a race to _polarization_.

the politically well-connected become the barrons, and everyone else the serfs.

everybody into the pool!  let all the mexians over the border and try
shipping all the IT to india!
http://www.mises.org/journals/qjae/pdf/qjae5_3_3.pdf

peace,
-z