[FoRK] CA registered agent

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Wed Mar 9 14:14:34 PST 2005

A registered agent is really just someone living in the state that can 
receive legal notices and official mail from the state on behalf of the 
business.  The best idea is to have a relative or friend you trust do 
that for you.  If you have a lawyer that has an office in California, 
they could be a registered agent for you (depending on what they do for 
you, they might do it for free).

I haven't used a service to do this, but AFAIK it's a no liability 
situation -- the agent isn't liable in any way for the business except 
to agree to receive the mail.

-- jeff

On Mar 9, 2005, at 5:01 PM, Dave Long wrote:

> I have a California company which I had been
> planning to wind up, but after meeting with
> the other members, we've decided to play the
> option card and hibernate it for a while.
> Do any of you all have any experiences with
> "registered agent/office" services?
> -Dave
> _______________________________________________
> FoRK mailing list
> http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork

jeffrey kay
weblog <k2.com> pgp key <www.k2.com/keys.htm> aim <jkayk2>
share files with me -- get shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- 
mark twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window 
and locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- 
a biker's guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X 
is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein

More information about the FoRK mailing list