[FoRK] U.S. Undocumented Immigrant Numbers Surge

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Mon Mar 21 16:38:49 PST 2005

Lucas Gonze wrote on 3/21/2005 1:55 PM:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Adam L Beberg wrote:
>
>> So when we start having bloody battles over fresh water, bird flu kills
>> 10M or so, and the housing bubble/dollar collapses putting unemployment
>> into the 20%+ range, THEN will they kick them all out?
>

> Who's them?  Aren't you them just as much as they are?
>
> You're not indigenous, right?
>
> The flow of immigration from latin countries is just classic
> reverse-colonization, the same as with the British and Indians and the
> French and north africans.  It's the price of the Monroe doctrine.  We
> broke it, we bought it.

But the difference is, my ancestors did it legally via Ellis Island. I'm
pro-immigration, but against open borders. There is a HUGE difference.
Let anyone with a degree or other mad skillz in I say. But keep the 3rd
world workers, and more importantly those crappy jobs, pollution, and
crime, elsewhere.

Let them pay taxes, get health insurance, get paid legal wages, hate
their jobs, and learn English like did us good speaking ;)

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/