[FoRK] U.S. Undocumented Immigrant Numbers Surge

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Mar 21 17:21:25 PST 2005

The only real reason to restrict immigration is to avoid damaging
dilution of the immigree society.  Choosing the filter methods may be
fraught with various biases, but trying to absorb a billion people
suddenly isn't going to work either.

You would think that when there are enough people who want to live in
the US that they would clean up their own locality to duplicate the US
rather than just trying to inherit from our past.  Mexico is the obvious
example.  Laws with teeth, systematic purging of corruption, sane
infrastructure.  Is it really that difficult?  There are billions
waiting to swoop in to build suburbia anywhere that a critical baseline
exists.

sdw