[FoRK] U.S. Undocumented Immigrant Numbers Surge

Mark Day mark_s_day at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 19:27:19 PST 2005

> Now, you cant get rid of rent control and tennant rights laws
> once you
> put them in place; its too big a change, and too many vested
> interests.

As a general principle, this is an overstatement.  I personally lived
through the end of rent control in Massachusetts, and some 10 years later it
seems unlikely to return.

I'm not taking a stand here on whether that change was good or bad; just
observing that it did happen, and so one would think it's at least within
the realm of possibility elsewhere.

--Mark