[FoRK] U.S. Undocumented Immigrant Numbers Surge

Damien Morton fork at bitfurnace.com
Mon Mar 21 21:30:19 PST 2005

In general, Rent Control ends up being a tax on the newly arrived and
the less connected. Its amazing how tenaciously long terms residents
(the beneficiaries) hang on to these privileges.

I am constanly shocked at self righteous stories I hear from people here
in New York, justifying why they should pay half or quarter the going
rate in rent, and why they and their families should be bought out when
the owner wants to redevelop.

Ya gotta love capitalism and free trade - its great for everyone but me!