Cheap Anti-terrorist labor: Re: [FoRK] U.S. Undocumented Immigrant Numbers Surge

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) fork at ianbell.com
Tue Mar 22 00:06:37 PST 2005

On 21-Mar-05, at 1:23 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> [The original message had the article as your signature (i.e., after
> "--").]
>
> "If you materially contribute to preventing terrorism in or to the US,
> you get an immediate Green Card."
> There are a lot of people to like to badmouth the US but would like to
> be here anyway.  A number of these dynamics might be able to be
> incentivized in interesting ways.

How exactly is it even possible for someone to "prevent terrorism" and,
if so, prove that they have done so?  Senator Joseph McCarthy destroyed
a lot of lives preventing the spread of Communism.

> We should do the same thing with gang involvement: materially
> contribute to conviction of a gang member, get a Greed Card.

I assume "Greed Card" was freudian, rather than literal, though both
have applied.

Snitch and get amnesty schemes have never, ever worked. If they had
there would be no mafia.  No more war on drugs.  No more communists.

-Ian.