[FoRK] U.S. Undocumented Immigrant Numbers Surge

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 05:43:35 PST 2005

Luis Villa:
>FWIW, I'd say education is the kicker there- until
>you see 90%+ literacy rates for men and women across Latin America, you
>won't see the bastards kicked out.

Which nations specifically? Most Latin American
nations do have better that 90% literacy rates.
The big exception is Brazil (86%). The other
exceptions are a handful of the smaller and
poorer nations, such as Guetemala and El
Salvador. But Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Peru,
Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Mexico, and
most of the others I'm omitting have 90%+
literacy rates.