[FoRK] daily kos on delay

Joe Barrera joe at barrera.org
Tue Mar 22 18:19:26 PST 2005

<http://nevdem.dailykos.com/story/2005/1/6/16135/29716>

DeLay: To Hell With Tsunami Victims.
by ohwilleke
Thu Jan 6th, 2005 at 13:01:35 PST

During the 109th Congressional Prayer Service on yesterday, there were
some sentiments expressed about the recently-passed Bob Matsui and
Shirley Chisolm among scripture readings and reminders about the
"Christian foundation" of our government.

Then others spoke of the tsunami tragedy, and Rep. Tom DeLay gets up to
the pulpit and lets loose with this (below the fold):

Diaries :: ohwilleke's diary ::

    A reading of the Gospel, in Matthew 7:21 through 27.

    Not every one who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom
of heaven; but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

    Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do
mighty deeds in your name?"

    Then I will declare to them solemnly, "I never knew you: depart from
me, you evil doers."

    Everyone who listens to these words of mine, and acts on them, will
be like a wise man, who built his house on a rock:

    The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the
house, but it did not collapse; it has been set solidly on rock.

    And everyone who listens to these words of mine, but does not act on
them, will be like a fool who built his house on sand:

    The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the
house, and it collapsed and was completely ruined.

He says nothing more, and returns to his seat.  But, his meaning is
perfectly clear.