[FoRK] NYTimes on Hypomania

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Mar 22 22:06:56 PST 2005

I think I certainly have some characteristics mentioned.  I know I was a
bit compulsive about curiousity and learning new things from 12 or so
on, partly because of issues with parents.

In my case, I have no problems with stress, emotional adjustment or
interrelating.  I functioned far better than both of my ex-wives.  I had
to learn to deal with things like everyone I suppose; maybe I was more
creative about it.  The closest I ever get to depression is a little
lack of deep motivation which is hard to differentiate from chronic burnout.

Activity level, risk-taking, and clutter from multiple projects may have
been stressful on others however.

sdw