[FoRK] Debunking the Right Schiavo spin

Joe Barrera joe at barrera.org
Wed Mar 23 09:54:47 PST 2005

Stephen D. Williams wrote:

>  Religion is...

Well, this is Robin Hitchcock's take on it,
which I mention only because we were watching
_Storefront Hitchcock_ last night:

"... I mean, it's very dangerous to mock people's beliefs because you
can be tortured and destroyed by other human beings. Very seldom do
divine forces actually wreak their vengeance on you, but it's very
dangerous to be an infidel in someone's eyes. I believe very firmly in
God, I mean, in terms of spirituality. I also have an infinite contempt
for religion which I think is hijacking people's spirituality for
political purposes and I think religion is perilously close to
pornography in that respect."

Full quote at <http://www.geocities.com/uphemism/quo-hitch1.html>