[FoRK] Debunking the Right Schiavo spin

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:12:25 PST 2005

Robin Hitchcock (via Joe Barrera):
>"I believe very firmly in God, I mean, in terms of spirituality. I also
>have an infinite contempt for religion which I think is hijacking people's
>spirituality."

Just about every religious person around
decries religion, claiming instead that they are
spiritual, or that they simply love God, or that
they have a relationship with Jesus. But you
can't find hardly any who claim to be religious.
You might as well go to a GOP caucus, and ask
who there wants to destroy freedom. Not a
one! They all believe in freedom. Well, except
when it comes to reproductive rights. Or
stem cell research. Or too much free speech.

See, "freedom" is a good word. "Religion" is
a bad word.