[FoRK] Max Headroom on DVD!

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) fork at ianbell.com
Sat Mar 26 19:51:13 PST 2005

Not sure how common this knowledge is, but M. Headroom is largely based
on concepts developed in Cronenberg's Videodrome:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086541/

...the central oracle of which is one Brian Oblivion, whose message,
cadence, and presentation style is largely based on Marshall McLuhan.

Headroom was slicker, cooler, and more digestible than Videodrome but
the message was pretty powerful.  Twenty years hence it's pretty
accurate in predicting the clashing of cultural and societal forces, if
not the aesthetic, that is our time.

-Ian.