[FoRK] good quality digital recorders

Damien Morton fork at bitfurnace.com
Sun Mar 27 13:58:14 PST 2005

This might suit. I havent used one myself, but...

http://edirol.com/products/info/r1.html

Searching for the highest recording quality in a portable device? EDIROL
handpicked the top analog and digital components for the R-1. The unit
records and plays back at crystal-clear, 24-bit audio resolution without
compression. Electrolytic capacitors provide stable, reliable power to
the analog circuits, eliminating DC interference and offering a truly
low-distortion sound. Maximum recording time is approximately 137
minutes (MP3, 64 kbps mode) when using the included 64 MB memory card.
The R-1 offers nine quality modes ranging from 64 kbps compression to
24-bit linear WAV.

  - The downside is that it doesnt lat that long on a pair of AA batteries.