[FoRK] AJAX: Asynchronous JavaScript + XML

Jim Whitehead ejw at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 30 11:22:32 PST 2005

> AJAX and KnowNow were described together in these Feb. bits:

Hmm, I had the sneaking suspicion this idea had been FoRKed before.

> (Or, to rewrite David Spade: "Yeah, I liked that idea the
> first time around.
> When it was called 'KnowNow'.")

It sounds like the key difference with KnowNow is that they've figured out
how to keep the activity indicator (spinning "e", etc.) from going while the
connection is active. Though perhaps KnowNow had figured this out as well.

The other difference is that KnowNow never developed a catchy name for the
underlying technology.

- Jim