AJAX and alternatives, was: Re: [FoRK] AJAX: Asynchronous JavaScript + XML

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Mar 30 17:48:51 PST 2005

Processing leverages Quicktime I believe, although I think that still
only gets them Win32 and OS X at the moment.
Some apps leverage Flash for video now.

Once you have a cross-platform plugin, including Java potentially, it
can be available pretty easily.
I believe I saw that Sun has a module you can add to the Java plugin
environment to get video input access, but I believe it said it only
worked for Win32 currently (!).

sdw