[FoRK] pop-ups in firefox?

Kelley kelley at inkworkswell.com
Wed Mar 30 18:38:35 PST 2005

At 09:04 PM 3/30/2005, Joe Barrera wrote:
>Lucas Gonze wrote:
>
>>  Got a URL? We should test it against multiple users to see if it's
>>  your setup or the site.
>
>No, but next time it happens I'll send out an URL.
>
>- Joe

Oh, come on. History doesn't work? You were at an objectionalbe site,
weren'tchya? :) You ashamed of something? huh?

Speaking of objectionable, I stumbled onto a blog, and then clicked a link
for their newsletter. Is it just me, or is Actionalbe Results a rilly rilly
bad name for a newsletter? I realize it is corpspeak, but honestly it's
worse that Dansani's, "Treat yourself well. Everyday."

Anyway, I was reading an article posted to a Web design list:
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/adwords-select-parts-1-4

This is the link for the pop up.
http://www.sitepoint.com/popup/popup.php?zoneid=1&category=84&subcategory=105

I was just reading that the arms race will continue. Reearch was published
recently indicating that popups are far more effective than any other form
of online advertising.

Kelley

http://www.inkworkswell.com

"The problem with defending the purity of the
English language is that English is about as
pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow
words; on occasion, English has pursued other
languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious
and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."

                              --James D. Nicoll