[FoRK] pop-ups in firefox?

Kelley kelley at inkworkswell.com
Wed Mar 30 19:56:36 PST 2005

At 10:50 PM 3/30/2005, Gordon Mohr wrote:
>Some pop-up blockers -- I think Firefox's default fits this category --
>seem to
>grant a special affordance to code that can directly be traced to a user's
>click,
>perhaps under the theory that any such popups are likely to be
>functional/wanted.
>
>I suspect the pop-ups I've seen recently have been exploiting this,
>perhaps at a
>significant delay, so the offending click obvious.
>
>- Gordon

Yes, because I think I got that pop-up when I clicked on the first link in
the article.

And, Joe, sorry. I was just pushing your foot. :)

Kelley

http://www.inkworkswell.com

"Be a scribe! Your body will be sleek, your hand
will be soft. You are  one who sits grandly in your
house; your servants answer speedily; beer is poured
copiously; all who see you rejoice in good cheer.
Happy is  the heart of him who writes; he is young
each day."

                  --Ptahhotep, Vizier to Isesi,
                    Fifth Egyptian Dynasty, 2300 BC