[FoRK] AJAX: Asynchronous JavaScript + XML

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:07:14 PST 2005

Some of the original SVG demos from Adobe included HTTP requests --
their SVG viewer has always included Javascript.

If deployment were broader, I'd think that SVG would be a good
alternative to Flash for "rich" internet apps -- it's scriptable,
easily generated, can make its own HTTP requests, etc.  Once again,
the issue is installed base (mostly Adobe SVG 3.0, with some running
the later, somewhat incompatible, beta viewer) for me.

Ken

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:28:55 +0200, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 11:22:32AM -0800, Jim Whitehead wrote:
>
> > The other difference is that KnowNow never developed a catchy name for the
> > underlying technology.
>
> Has anyone used SVG in an AJAX setting? (You probably all are aware that
> latest Opera beta has native tinySVG support, and SVG support has been in
> *zilla source tree for a while already).
>
> --
> Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a>

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but model train sets do a pretty
good job as well

-- 2/28/05, in a odd dream