[FoRK] Hey look kids, Kragen & Beatrice are in teh Wired!

Carey Lening CLENING at crs.loc.gov
Thu Mar 31 10:40:48 PST 2005

Too bad I didn't stop over and say hi like I promised.

http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,67061,00.html

(He and Beatrice are in photo #2!)

And Beatrice is quoted:

I feel split down the middle," said Beatrice Murch, who made the trip
across the country from San Francisco with her husband. She said some
of
her relatives work in the movie industry and she understands "where
the
content providers are coming from."

At the same time, she said, "these guys are trying to squash
technological innovation."

"I definitely feel that peer-to-peer systems have legitimate uses.
Copyright law is out of whack and needs to be changed," Murch said.

"It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience," Murch said. "I'm not going to
melt."

(I'm hiding in D.C. until May... if anyone wants to meet up for
coffee,
drop me an email, eh?)

Carey (aka bitbitch)

Carey Lening
Law Clerk
Congressional Research Service, American Law Division
tel: (202) 707-4833

email: clening at piercelaw.edu