[FoRK] I want my Google!!!

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:21:23 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 2:18 AM, Joe Barrera <joe at barrera.org> wrote:
> Luis Villa wrote:
>
> >  DOS caused by the overwhelming market response to googlegulp:
>
> These people are getting way too goddamn cocky.

What, the FAQ tip you off? :)

Excerpts:

2. Wait – you're saying Auto-Drink™ changes my brain chemistry?

Um, yeah – but for the better.

3. Isn't that kind of dangerous?

Well, none of the lab rats who've been pounding this stuff for the
past eight months have keeled over yet, which we find fairly
reassuring. At any rate, you should be aware that by popping the seal
on the twist-off Gulp cap, you send a wireless signal to Google's
servers indicating your irrevocable acceptance of the Google Gulp
Terms and Conditions, which do include the possibility, however
remote, of hideous genetic mutation resulting from your consumption of
this product. We're pretty sure you won't die, though.

4. What if I don't want to use Auto-Drink™?

No problem – simply turn off Auto-Drink™ on your Google Gulp preferences page.

5. Well, shouldn't Auto-Drink™ be default-off?

You mean we should cripple a perfectly useful feature just because of
a little bad PR?

6. Yes.

Okay.

7. How can I get my hands on a Google Gulp?

This "limited release" beta product is available to anyone who turns
in a used Google Gulp bottle cap at any local retailer. If you don't
have any Gulp caps, ask a friend to give you one.

8. What if none of my friends have a Gulp cap to give me? Can't you
just give Google Gulp to anyone who wants it?

Well, we're thinking about it, but, um, you have to understand that
there are many considerations which go into deciding how to distribute
--

9. I mean, isn't this whole invite-only thing kind of bogus?

Dude, it's like you've never even heard of viral marketing.