[FoRK] talk is cheap

Elias Sinderson elias at cse.ucsc.edu
Fri Apr 1 07:01:12 PST 2005

Regina Schuman wrote:

>i think the next politician, pundit or religious leader who claims they're promoting a "culture of life" in america should be required to adopt a baby with medical needs that's currently languishing in some understaffed medical foster care facility.

Personally, I would favor a $1,000 fine, per occurrence, donated to an
aid organization that provides medical care, food, shelter, etc.
directly to people in 3rd world countries. Maybe a $10,000 fine? I guess
it depends on whether your goal is primarily to help the needy, or
silence the mouth politik.