[FoRK] Bush's tanking approval ratings

Regina Schuman rschuman at jfcsjax.org
Mon Apr 11 07:12:28 PDT 2005

nevermind that demand is driving up the price of gas.  yah, i know, it's
CHINA.  we set the standard of success, thank you Mr. "Drive as Bad as
You Want to Be" Cheney.

hey, remember hearing about nestle selling baby formula to third world
countries where the dirty water used to constitute the formula killed a
bunch o' babies? the  third-world moms just wanted to emulate american
moms, who thought breastfeeding is a little too natural for them.  er,
this was way back in the 1970's or 1980's.

gg

You can't see tits on the radio
I'll give you five fingers for a one man show
Fasten those pants for the lap dance
Take a shot now this may be your last chance

>>> "Russell Turpin" <deafbox at hotmail.com> 4/10/2005 4:36:13 PM >>>
Jeff Bone:
>I *do* have some sympathy for the anti-SUV crowd in principle. ..

(1) Your Jeep isn't big enough or thirsty enough
to count as an SUV. Sorry, man, but the
competitive line has shifted, and you haven't
kept up. ;-)

(2) I agree wholeheartedly that people should
be able to drive whatever they want to drive.
Even a wannabe SUV like the Cherokee.

(3) That said, I also want to see the cost of
road construction and maintenance segregated
from general city budgets, and the entire cost
of local Road Utilities paid from fees on vehicles
and their use. Some of the crowd that
politically targets SUVs, sprawl, etc., have
picked up on this. But their heart really isn't
in it. Coming from the left, they just don't
have the language for opposing subsidy.

(4) In my opinion, many of the people who
see the end of the world just past Hubbert's
peak severely underestimate the economy's
ability to conserve energy, and to find other
sources of energy. That's not to say there
won't be pain. Or high oil prices. I just think
you're right to identify opportunity as well
in it.